Weaving in August
This August we decided to focus on Weaving!
Here are some of the reasons all
knitters love weaving:
1. It is waaaaay faster than knitting! A scarf that takes 60 hours to knit will take only 6 hours to weave (including warping time).
2. It is a great stash buster!! Because it is sooo fast. And you can use up all you bips and bops of left overs.
3. You know all those amazing skeins ofvariegated yarn that you only have one of -- wow it will make a fabulous scarf!
4. For spinners -- all of your crazy weird early spinning make fantastic additions to your weaving.
5. Color play -- those of you who love color will have a blast with seeing how colors blend on a loom.
You do need to have a loom...
We will stock the Sample It loom by Ashford for the month and will take special orders on the Knitters Looms.
If you are not sure yet if you want to buy a loom, we will also have several looms for rent on a weekly basis.
We are still working out the details but here are some of the classes we will offer. Peggy McIntosh, our current weaving instructor, will be busy! Classes are limited so be sure to sign up early!
Click on any of the links above for more information.